The privacy statement concerns anyone who uses our services (through app, website, email) and we @vats24 take your privacy very seriously. You have entrusted us with your personal details and we respect and value that and are thereby committed to following all the necessary legal formalities for the processing of your data. We work with utmost transparency and for us, customer always comes first.
Through this notice, we are hereby informing you of the details ofinformation we collect about you, how we use and process it, whom we disclose it to, and the measures we take to protect it. It also tells you how to contact us if you have doubts about your personal information, which we're more than happy to answer.
By Choosing to use our services and thereby providing your consent, you confirm that you are 18 years of age or above and are eligible to give a valid consent. Or you are declaring that you are acting through your legal guardian or anyone else eligible to give consent on your behalf.
You are not obliged to provide us with any of your data. However, in order for us to confirm a reservation/Booking (hostel/PG or library) for you, we do require some information. This will usually consist of your name, telephone or mobile number (for correspondence in case of an emergency), gender, nationality, date of Birth, home address, meal preferences, identification data(Passport, Driving License, Aadhar card, Voter Id etc), email address, Debit/Credit card details, date of arrival and departure.Upon arrival the same information shall be manually verified. Please carry the relevant documents along with 2 passport size photographs.
Similarly, you may have to furnish certain additional information if you want to enter into a competition, add comments by way of a review, participate in a survey, or if you contact our customer services team with a query or complaint. You shall be informed as to when such information is required.
In order for us to ensure reservation via all channels (telephone, website or app), we require a full 16-digit debit/credit card number, name on the card, card type (we accept VISA, Master card, Maestro and Rupay card), three-digit security code and the expiry date.All supplied sensitive debit/credit card information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into the payment gateway provider's database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information will not be stored on our servers.
Even though you don't end up making a hostel/PG or library booking, when you visit our website or app, we automatically collect certain information. It may include but may not be limited to your IP address, the date and time you accessed our services, the hardware, software or internet browser you use and information about your computer's operating system, like application versions and your language settings. We also collect information about clicks and which pages have been shown to you.
We may use your personal information for the purposes enlisted below:
1. To contact you for confirmation of a seat in Hostel/PG or Library in accordance to your preference on our website or for any promotional purposes thereto.
2. To Confirm your registration for any promotional event or contest.
3. We use your personal information for marketing by telephone, social media platforms, email, SMS, application notifications and silent notifications to track installation status of the application. We may also use your personal information to carry out online paid marketing activities in the nature of retargeting.
4. To help you navigate through the website/ app by providing a customised experience, which in turn will display content based upon your preference.
5. To send you emails or messages as a copy of any transaction done on the app/website.
6. We also use technology to help us understand your personal preferences and interests so that we can send recommendations and marketing communications that are likely to be of more interest to you.
7. If you wish to unsubscribe from emails sent by us, you can do so at any time by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link that appears in all emails and by adjusting the settings on your device to turn off notifications from our app. Otherwise, you can always contact us at email@example.com to update your contact preferences. You may also object to profiling relating to direct marketing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer any personally identifiable informationto outside parties. This does not include trusted third-party vendors who are handling Hostel/PG or Library for booking a seat for a stay or library subscription respectively. We only assist in providing a platform where all vendors are available at one platform. They might have their own separate privacy policies which may differ from us. However, we only collaborate with vendors who values your privacy and thereby agree to keep your information confidential. We seek to protect your privacy and therefore would welcome any complaints/feedback regarding vendors. In exceptional circumstances, we may release your information in accordance with compliance to any law in practice in India or any other legitimate contingency which may arise in future.
Copyrights © 2018 VATS 24. All rights reserved.